As part of your online store design, you may wish to use a specific font or add a flourish to your sidebox headings. It is easy to specify an image for Zen Cart to use for the sidebox headings so you can go from the default look to something more ‘you’.
To replace a sidebox heading with an image:
- First up you will need to create the image that you want to use for the sidebox heading. Remember to keep the image width within your column width.
- Upload the image via your FTP client to the images folder for your current template, /includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/.
- Next, open the english.php file located in the /includes/languages/ directory.
- Find this section of code:
// categories box text in sideboxes/categories.php define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Categories');
- and modify the define statement to include the call to the required image:
// categories box text in sideboxes/categories.php define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', '<img src="/includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/categories.jpg" />');
Make sure you copy the image name exactly, remembering that your web server is likely to be case sensitive.
** Be sure to keep the single quote marks in your new define statement.
- Save the modified english.php file to your override folder. This will be /includes/languages/CUSTOM/ where CUSTOM represents the name of your current template folder.