Sliders are a great way to add a touch of flair to your Zen Cart store’s home page. As well as just looking good though, sliders allow you to include lots of information for your customers all in that very important, above-the-fold position. Information such as new products just in, hot specials on clearance lines, customer testimonials, shipping and payment deals – the list goes on – it all works well using an image slider. Have a look at E-commerce Developer’s post Eighty Six Examples of Content Sliders on Ecommerce Sites for some inspiration.
So, if you’ve always wanted to add a slider to Zen Cart but just didn’t know how, this series of tutorials provides step-by-step instructions to help you add one of these popular sliders to your Zen Cart store.
- Step-by-step guide to installing the Automatic Image Slider w/ CSS & jQuery from Soh Tanaka in Zen Cart
Your browser does not support iframes. Visit http://www.kerrinhardy.com/resources/sliders/demo_tanaka.html to see this slider demo.
- Step-by-step guide to installing Easy Slider 1.7 in Zen Cart
Your browser does not support iframes. Visit http://www.kerrinhardy.com/resources/sliders/demo_easyslider.html to see this slider demo.
- Step-by-step guide to installing Coda-Slider 2.0 in Zen Cart (coming soon)
- Step-by-step guide to installing Nivo slider in Zen Cart (coming soon)
- Step-by-step guide to installing s3slider in Zen Cart (coming soon)