A how-to guide for one of your products is a very effective post for your online store blog. So effective in so many ways, such as:
- High quality, unique content that is likely to rank well for your keywords
- Opportunity for deep links to your product pages
- Enticing readers to click through to your online store, as in the example below from Sara’s Soaps ‘n Such
- Helping and educating your readers in the use of your product so that they feel comfortable enough to make a purchase
- Highlight your knowledge and expertise as the go-to person in your field.
And don’t think that how-to guides only suit some types of products. You might be surprised at the information that readers are searching for.
If you haven’t already done so, pick out a few of your best selling products and write a how-to guide for each one. These types of blog posts are very popular and are particularly good content for search engines.
Do you already use how-to guides on your store blog? Share a link to one of your favorite posts or let us know how your customers respond to your how-to guide posts in the comments below.